Sister Quisbert and me

Sister Quisbert and me
Together

Prowling

Prowling
Missionary on the prowl

Knock.

Knock.
We are missionaries. We knock at EVERY door.

One of thousands

One of thousands
Thinks it's a cat

Snow in Argentina

Snow in Argentina
A 3rd companion for a day

Happy Group Cutral Co Argentina

Happy Group  Cutral Co Argentina
Happy Group May 2010

Raul in white

Raul in white
Baptism on a Saturday in May

Saturday in May

Saturday in May
Mother joins daughter as member

Three Companionships

Three Companionships
Planning together

No bikes, too rough

No bikes, too rough
We clap at the gate

10:30 time to go

10:30 time to go
Ready for the day

Study time

Study time
Our pension

Meal in Argentina

Meal in Argentina
Time to eat

To zone conference already. Yea!

To zone conference already. Yea!
On the collectivo(bus)

Assigned at the mission home

Assigned at the mission home
Hermana Quisbert and I = Companions

Towards the Andes to Zapla

Towards the Andes to Zapla
To zone conference

Neuquen

Neuquen
I am going right here

with dork dot

with dork dot
That's me

Companionship

Companionship
Three Hermanas

MTC, companions, maps

MTC, companions, maps
MTC & me

By sign

By sign
DJ by entrance to MTC

Monday, May 31, 2010

Snow in Argentina

Hola ! It´s interesting to hear about the warming up up north whereas here it's getting colder, and in fact SNOWED A LOT on Wed. The most it's snowed in 8 years, mas o menos. It was great. It's gone now but it was a lot of fun, wet but fun. and it reminded me of home, in a nice way. I don´t feel home sick, it was just nice. I don´t mind that I'm going into winter again, it doesn't matter. I´m so thankful that I can adapt and be okay with how life is or why things happen. Like sometimes things happen and they´ve already happened and there's nothing we can do about it so there's no point in dwelling on it or stressing about it. Know what I mean? I know this is a spiritual gift. Of course I'm not always... okay with changes, sometimes I have to have some time to understand or adjust, but it usually always works out. So from what I´ve written so far it prob sounds like things have happened, but no, not really. :-)
I´m very happy! I've officially started another transfer and I´m still in Cutral Co and with Hrn Quisbert and with my same district!!!!! Wow! I was praying for this and I feel very very blessed! I´m so thankful. I plan to solidify things that I´ve learned and observed from Hna. Q and in Spanish- make leaps and bounds and to become a better missionary.
One thing I´ve observed with Spanish, it´s going pretty good, learning everyday, but I don´t think in Spanish yet and... I don't know, I struggle but it's expected and I love every day. The most aggravating time is when we have a meeting or lesson and I feel strong about what's being talked about and I can´t express that. For example this June 19th we´re having a Geneologia night for everyone in this area and I am excited that we are but I can't... contribute really, Or yesterday we had a meeting with the Mission leader of the zone and we were talking about having members involved in every moment of conversion and I wanted to express that I feel strong about this but... I couldn't really, or at least I think I can´t. I´ve realized I´m struggling with some confidence issues in speaking. But I´m going to change that this transfer. I have great self esteem, hahahahaha! but I allow my comp to talk, to take care of things, I´ve gotta step it up!

Today we... we did some pictures stuff, dropped off our laundry at a members. We have to buy our stuff before 1:00 because all the stores close for the siesta by then and are closed till 5 or 6 and that's when P-day is over. So we got our groceries and went and got Helado (ice cream), which we get every P-day, and empanadas! YUM! one of my favorites, I´ve eaten a lot of tasty stuff. And I´m try to get the recipes. We made tacos with a new member yesterday and it was pretty close to the taste, used a chili powder recipe that was in the recipe book that the Mission Pres. gave us. Bueno! No se ( I don't know) for plans later today, not much. it´s already after 2:00.
Yesterday was so great! we had a lot of menos activos in church, we have a new Aaronic priesthood holder, who's 12 and passed the sacrament for the 1st time yesterday, he did so great, Kevin Romero. and we had our 3 confirmations! Gladis and su hija Maria and then Raul also, which we barely had him. We go and get him in the morning and... long story short we were walking to his house and saw him walking the other direction! It was a close call but we caught up to him and he came to church. I think things don't quite click with him but he´s great of course and I´m not the one deciding, Heavenly Father is and he obviously wants Raul to be a part of the church. It was a great blessing to see him. Lot's of tender mercies and blessings everyday!
Preach my Gospel IS AMAZING! Also this morning i found some great scrip to start the transfer with. 2nd Nephi 10 is totally about the people in the Americas! And with that in mind v. 18 and 19 and 23-24 are so so great. Also 11:4 was awesome. It was a good study.
I love this gospel and Heavenly Father and this work and I'm so thankful to be a part of it and how it´s shaping me, I´m so sososo thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All my love to my family and everyone! I hope your doing great and feeling great and excited for summer and everything!!!!!!!!!! 2nd transfer already for me!!!1 AAAAAHH! I love it!

MUCHO AMOR, Hermana DJ Graham

p.s. people struggle with saying my name, it´s funny. I have the best name ever, with it I feel even more connected to the Spanish language.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it seems you are having the best of times. Yea, winter in Argentina is kind of crazy, especially with the global warming in which you can have warm weather in the North region and snow in the south.
    Anyways, I see that you are trying to learn in Spanish and start thinking in Spanish. It is so hard, I know, but once you do it, it comes easily.
    Last year I stayed in a buenos aires apartment for the whole winter and learnt a lot, don´t thet have the greatest accent in South America?? I love it!
    Cheers,
    brit

    ReplyDelete