Sister Quisbert and me

Sister Quisbert and me
Together

Prowling

Prowling
Missionary on the prowl

Knock.

Knock.
We are missionaries. We knock at EVERY door.

One of thousands

One of thousands
Thinks it's a cat

Snow in Argentina

Snow in Argentina
A 3rd companion for a day

Happy Group Cutral Co Argentina

Happy Group  Cutral Co Argentina
Happy Group May 2010

Raul in white

Raul in white
Baptism on a Saturday in May

Saturday in May

Saturday in May
Mother joins daughter as member

Three Companionships

Three Companionships
Planning together

No bikes, too rough

No bikes, too rough
We clap at the gate

10:30 time to go

10:30 time to go
Ready for the day

Study time

Study time
Our pension

Meal in Argentina

Meal in Argentina
Time to eat

To zone conference already. Yea!

To zone conference already. Yea!
On the collectivo(bus)

Assigned at the mission home

Assigned at the mission home
Hermana Quisbert and I = Companions

Towards the Andes to Zapla

Towards the Andes to Zapla
To zone conference

Neuquen

Neuquen
I am going right here

with dork dot

with dork dot
That's me

Companionship

Companionship
Three Hermanas

MTC, companions, maps

MTC, companions, maps
MTC & me

By sign

By sign
DJ by entrance to MTC

Monday, June 28, 2010

10th week in Argentina

Hola mama!
You’re so funny! Thanks for fighting through the sleep to write me :-) . Things sound great in Iowa, just as they always are! I love summers in Iowa, Give all my love to the family and grandma and dad! Share my blog with everyone! FAmily is so great huh? I bear testimony of family all the time, I´´m so blessed to have a great family. I also share a picture of all of us from Mandee´s wedding, everyone thinks we´re so beautiful and a big family and Rubio! Which is light haired but also means light skinned apparently.

I wrote things down during the week so I could remember for today. 1st, don’t worry about mentioning the world cup. Its so HUGE here, its awesome really. We always know when there’s a game because nobodies in the street and nobody lets us in the house, then after the game EVERYONES in the street singing and dancing and cheering and honking horns and.... everything and great fan should do! Today Hna. Q and i bought camistas, jerseys of the team, that say Vamos Argentina! It’s a special phrase only used during the world cup, for souvenirs at least. Neat! To bad for the USA.

Also I’ve been thinking about my plaque, what do you think about John 13:34-35 or Mosiah 2:17? I’m leaning towards these.

I received 3 cards from you in the same day, hahaha. Dated May 29, June 5 and 7th, also a dear elder with Bre´s email, from the 9th. Thanks so much for your cute love mom!
Thanks for mentioning and remembering Joseph Smith, I thought about him to. Wow I'm so grateful, and my gratitude grows everyday for him. All the happiness I have truly is rooted from his humble prayer, because my happiness is in the gospel, which is restored on the earth today because of that prayer. We’re planning and activity for September to celebrate his life. A skit should be cool. Who knows if I’ll be here to enjoy. No importa. I love Cultral Co and Hna Quisbert so much. But I love being a missionary more and serving, so wherever the Lord wants me I’ll go!
Sadly this week I went to a funeral. It was for a member who is less active, very less active. She had a problem with her digestion backing up into her body/blood and so it was toxic. She had dialysis to change her blood and went into a coma this past week, then past away. We all know the pain of losing a loved one, and I was reminded of our experience clearly. Though the difference with ours is that we’re active in the church and know and enjoy the blessings of knowing about the Plan of Salvation, I'm not so sure with this family. We know that we can be together forever, what comfort this gives me and I know gives you mom and our family. I think about Josh a lot, probably because the year anniversary of his passing is near. My prayers are with you and Toni and the family that you will all feel the comfort of our Father when we’re sad, and how Christ knows all our pain and that this is a temporary separation. I also pray that my family we´ll become closer to each other, if Heavenly Father wants to bless you all, then that's what I pray for. It’s so important, I hope you all are expressing love and concern for each other often. I love you so much mom! Thanks for being so faithful and strong.

Other experiences I thought to share, Sterling suggested doing some powerful short experiences that hopefully our friends and family will see.

A recent convert, Graciela Romero was having a hard time because she’s single, with two kids, one 16 the other 6, the youngest living with her, she works a lot and is often lonely. She prayed for comfort, and she received it! Her testimony grew of Pray and the love of our Father in Heaven, because he answered her prayer with love and comfort. So special!

A young girl, 15, Paula, is amazing. We meet her my very first day, first lesson and gave her a Book of Mormon. WE haven’t been able to get ahold of her since, until this past week. Her and her 10-year-old brother, Alan. Also her father died from cancer within the past 4 weeks. We talked with her and taught them again. We asked if she had been reading all this time and she said YES! She also said she had prayed to know if it was true and she said.... YES!!!!! She had knelt in prayer after reading and felt the warm confirmation in her heart and mind. She has been reading every night! WOW!

I love the family and the gospel so much! Things are great. I’m so blessed. Like you always say! Be safe, thank you for everything you do for me. Are you going to Nauvoo this summer? I have two friends serving there. Sister Jess Davis and.. Sister... P something, she was Jesss companion in the MTC and was so sweet. Give them a hug for if you head that way. Lots of love to everyone!!!!

Amor, Hermana DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment